Selected Princess Diana Quotations
• Being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.
• Call me Diana, not Princess Diana.
• Don't call me an icon. I'm just a mother trying to help.
• I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country.
• Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.
• I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.
• I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.
• HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug : Heaven knows they need it.
• I love to hold people's hands when I visit hospitals, even though they are shocked because they haven't experienced anything like it before, but to me it is a normal thing to do.
• Nothing gives me more happiness than to try to aid the most vulnerable of this society. Whoever is in distress who calls me, I will come running.
• I want my boys to have an understanding of people's emotions, their insecurities, people's distress, and their hopes and dreams.
• Well there were three of us in the marriage so it was a bit crowded. (BBC interview, 1995)
• What must it be like for a little boy to read that daddy never loved mummy?
• Any sane person would have left long ago. But I cannot. I have my sons.
• I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.
• I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties.
• It's vital that the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It's what I try and do.
• I'm as thick as a plank.
• I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am.
• People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.
• They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?
More About Princess Diana
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection Â© Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2006. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Princess Diana Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/princess_diana.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)