Selected Oksana Baiul Quotations
• My whole life is a challenge!
• It is because I have lived a most difficult life that I could do this.
• One shouldn't be afraid to lose; this is sport. One day you win; another day you lose. Of course, everyone wants to be the best. This is normal. This is what sport is about. This is why I love it.
• I like when people are watching. What's the reason for figure skating without spectators watching?
• Olympic Gold changed me and my life dramatically. I became a celebrity overnight and people see me as a famous skater, not a real person.
• Competitive skaters must be prepared for lots of work, challenges, self-discipline, and motivation. The desire must be there, but more importantly, you're love for the sport.
• I skate how I feel. I think it must be a gift from God.
• I keep my skates. My Olympic skates are still in my closet!
• I skate now for fun and to keep myself in shape.
• I don't care what the critics say or think because I care for and love my fans.
• I took some time off to enjoy my life, but figure skating is something I love and something I will continue doing for the rest of my life.
• I'd like to consider myself a versatile skater and I like to skate to different kinds of music.
• When I'm on the ice, I like being Oksana, and not imitate other skater's music.
More About Oksana Baiul
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2006. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Oksana Baiul Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/oksana_baiul.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)