• It takes two to get one in trouble.
• Too many girls follow the line of least resistance -- but a good line is hard to resist.
• Good women are no fun. The only good woman I can recall in history was Betsy Ross. And all she ever made was a flag.
• Good sex is like good Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.
• Diamonds is my career.
• When it comes to finances, remember that there are no withholding taxes on the wages of sin.
• No gold-digging for me. I take diamonds! We may be off the gold standard someday.
• You can do what you want, but saving love doesn't bring any interest.
• Any time you got nothing to do and lots of time to do it, come on up.
• Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.
• Kiss and make up -- but too much makeup has ruined many a kiss.
• Brains are an asset to the woman in love who's smart enough to hide 'em.
• Some women pick men to marry -- and others pick them to pieces.
• Say what you want about long dresses, but they cover a multitude of shins.
• Let men see what's coming to them, and women will get what's coming to them.
• Cultivate your curves -- they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.
• I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them.
• The curve is more powerful than the sword.
• I've been in more laps than a napkin.
• I'd like to see Paris before I die. Philadelphia will do.
• I see you're a man with ideals. I better be going before you've still got them.
• Women with "pasts" interest men because men hope that history will repeat itself.
• Don't ever make the same mistake twice, unless it pays.
• Right now I think censorship is necessary; the things they're doing and saying in films right now just shouldn't be allowed. There's no dignity anymore and I think that's very important.
• The best way to behave is to misbehave.
• You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2008. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Mae West Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/mae_west.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)