• Love thy neighbor -- and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.
• It's all right for a perfect stranger to kiss your hand as long as he's perfect.
• It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
• Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.
• A man in the house is worth two in the street.
• A girl in the convertible is worth five in the phone book.
• A hard man is good to find.
• Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home, I'm tired.
• Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.
• A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him.
• An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.
• Don't keep a man guessing too long -- he's sure to find the answer somewhere else.
• Look your best -- who said love is blind?
• Flattery will get you everywhere.
• I've been things and seen places.
• I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit.
• The score never interested me, only the game.
• Men are my hobby. If I ever got married I'd have to give it up.
• So many men... so little time.
• I only like two kinds of men, domestic and imported.
• Personally, I like two types of men - domestic and foreign.
• I go for two kinds of men. The kind with muscles, and the kind without.
• I only have 'yes' men around me. Who needs 'no' men?
• Save a boyfriend for a rainy day -- and another, in case it doesn't rain.
• Some men are all right in their place -- if they only knew the right places!
• I like a man who's good, but not too good -- for the good die young, and I hate a dead one.
• I feel like a million tonight. But one at a time.
• Men are easy to get but hard to keep.
• Men? Sure, I've known lots of them. But I never found one I liked well enough to marry. Besides, I've always been busy with my work. Marriage is a career in itself and to make a success of it you've got to keep working at it. So until I can give the proper amount of time to marriage, I'll stay single.
• His mother should have thrown him out and kept the stork.
• He's the kind of man a woman would have to marry to get rid of.
• Don't marry a man to reform him -- that's what reform schools are for.
• Opportunity knocks for every man, but you have to give a woman a ring.
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2008. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Mae West Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/mae_west.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)