Selected Raisa Gorbachev Quotations
• I feel, and I live through, all the same things that our citizens live through. I'm a sympathizer with our society -- and these are not just words.
• Culture is both an intellectual phenomenon and a moral one.
• Youth is, after all, just a moment, but it is the moment, the spark that you always carry in your heart.
• The maltreatment of the natural world and its impoverishment leads to the impoverishment of the human soul. It is related to the outburst of violence in human society. To save the natural world today means to save what is human in humanity.
• Hypocrisy, the lie, is the true sister of evil, intolerance, and cruelty.
• (About the U.S. White House, on a visit to America) This is an official residence, an official house. I would say, humanly speaking, that a human being would like to live in a regular house. This is a museum of American history.
• (About her relationship to her husband's public career) We have a division of labour. He's working and I'm looking around. Then I tell him everything I see.
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2008. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Raisa Gorbachev Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/gorbachev.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)