Selected Geraldine Ferraro Quotations
• Tonight, the daughter of an immigrant from Italy has been chosen to run for vice president in the new land my father came to love.
• We fought hard. We gave it our best. We did what was right and we made a difference.
• We've chosen the path to equality; don't let them turn us around.
• Unlike the American revolution, which began with the "shot heard round the world," the rebellion of Seneca Falls -- steeped in moral conviction and rooted in the abolitionist movement -- dropped like a stone in the middle of a placid lake, causing ripples of change. No governments were overthrown, no lives were lost in bloody battles, no single enemy was identified and vanquished. The disputed territory was the human heart and the contest played itself out in every American institution: our homes, our churches, our schools, and ultimately in the provinces of power. -- from the forward to A History of the American Suffragist Movement
• You don't have to have fought in a war to love peace.
• I'd call it a new version of voodoo economics, but I'm afraid that would give witch doctors a bad name.
• It was not so very long ago that people thought that semiconductors were part-time orchestra leaders and microchips were very, very small snack foods.
• Vice president - it has such a nice ring to it!
• Modern life is confusing - no "Ms. take" about it.
• Barbara Bush, about vice-presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro: I can't say it, but it rhymes with rich. (Barbara Bush later apologized for calling Ferraro a witch -- October 15, 1984, New York Times)
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2005. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Geraldine Ferraro Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/ger_ferraro.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)