Selected Fannie Hurst Quotations
• A woman has to be twice as good as a man to go half as far.
• Some people think they are worth a lot of money just because they have it.
• Any writer worth the name is always getting into one thing or getting out of another thing.
• It takes a clever man to turn cynic and a wise man to be clever enough not to.
• Sex is a discovery.
Related Resources for Fannie Hurst
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2005. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Fannie Hurst Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/fannie_hurst.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)