Selected Anne Frank Quotations
• Who would ever think that so much went on in the soul of a young girl?
• In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death.
• We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
• The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.
• How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
• Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
• Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.
• No one has ever become poor by giving.
More About Anne Frank
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2009. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Anne Frank Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/anne_frank.htm.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)