Selected Joan Baez Quotations
• My concern has always been for the people who are victimized, unable to speak for themselves and who need outside help.
• Action is the antidote to despair.
• All serious daring starts from within.
• I've never had a humble opinion. If you've got an opinion, why be humble about it?
• Instead of getting hard ourselves and trying to compete, women should try and give their best qualities to men - bring them softness, teach them how to cry.
• It seems to me that those songs that have been any good, I have nothing much to do with the writing of them. The words have just crawled down my sleeve and come out on the page.
• Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers.
• The only thing that's been a worse flop than the organization of non-violence has been the organization of violence.
• If it's natural to kill, why do men have to go into training to learn how?
• Good morning, children of the 80s. This is your Woodstock, and it's long overdue. at the Philadelphia Live Aid concert
• As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.
• To love means you also trust.
• The easiest kind of relationship is with ten thousand people, the hardest is with one.
• Only you and I can help the sun rise each coming morning. If we don't, it may drench itself out in sorrow.
• You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can decide how you're going to live now.
Related Resources for Joan Baez
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2005. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Joan Baez Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/joan_baez.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)