Willa Cather Quotes
Willa Cather (1873 - 1947)
Selected Willa Cather Quotations
• Where there is great love there are always miracles.
• [To simplify] is very nearly the whole of the higher artistic process; finding what conventions of form and what detail one can do without -- and yet preserve the spirit of the whole.
• The universal human yearning for something permanent, enduring, without shadow of change.
• I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do.
• Elsewhere the sky is the roof of the world; but here the earth is the floor of the sky.
• All the intelligence and talent in the world can't make a singer. The voice is a wild thing. It can't be bred in captivity.
• There are only two or three human stories and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before.
More About Willa Cather
More Women's Quotes by Name:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Biographies of Women
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2012. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Willa Cather Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/library/bio/blbio_willa_cather.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)