Willa Cather Quotes
Your Guide to Women's History.
Willa Cather (1873 - 1947)
Selected Willa Cather Quotations
• Where there is great love there are always miracles.
• [To simplify] is very nearly the whole of the higher artistic process; finding what conventions of form and what detail one can do without -- and yet preserve the spirit of the whole.
• The universal human yearning for something permanent, enduring, without shadow of change.
• I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do.
• Elsewhere the sky is the roof of the world; but here the earth is the floor of the sky.
• All the intelligence and talent in the world can't make a singer. The voice is a wild thing. It can't be bred in captivity.
• There are only two or three human stories and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before.
More About Willa Cather
- Willa Cather Biography
- Some Willa Cather Poems
More Women's Quotes by Name:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Biographies of Women
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2012. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Willa Cather Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/library/bio/blbio_willa_cather.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)