Dates: July 26, 1956 -
Innsbruck, Austria, 1976, Olympic winner and, later, professional ice skater. Dorothy Hamill owned the Ice Capades during the 1990s. Her wedge haircut helped to set a fashion trend.
Dorothy Hamill on the web
- Dorothy Hamill
Time magazine cover, February 2, 1976, featuring Dorothy Hamill.
About Dorothy Hamill
- Categories: Olympic figure skater professional ice skating sports
- Organizational Affiliations: Ice Capades
- Places: United States
- Period: 20th century
Also on this site
- Cinderella: Frozen in Time. 1999.
- The Christmas Angel: A Story on Ice. 1999.
- The Nutcracker: A Fantasy on Ice. 1983.
- The Snow Queen. 1982.
- Smith, Miranda G. Dorothy Hammill (Superstars!). 1977. Out of print, may be available at libraries or used booksellers.
- Dorothy Hamill: Olympic Champion. 1976. Ages: not known. Out of print, may be available at libraries or used booksellers.
- Grace on the Ice: Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill, Michelle Kwan (Road to Reading: Reading on Your Own, Mile 3). 2001. Ages 4-8.
More women's history biographies, by name:
Text copyright 1999-2006 © Jone Johnson Lewis.