Selected Corita Kent Quotations
• Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.
• Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
• Maybe we are less than our dreams, but that less would make us more than some Gods would dream of.
• Creativity belongs to the artist in each of us. To create means to relate. The root meaning of the word art is "to fit together" and we all do this every day. Not all of us are painters but we are all artists. Each time we fit things together we are creating - whether it is to make a loaf of bread, a child, a day.
• That's why people listen to music or look at paintings. To get in touch with that wholeness.
• A painting is a symbol for the universe. Inside it, each piece relates to the other. Each piece is only answerable to the rest of that little world. So, probably in the total universe, there is that kind of total harmony, but we get only little tastes of it.
More About Corita Kent
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2005. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Corita Kent Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/cs/quotes/qu_corita_kent.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)