Selected Karen Nussbaum Quotations
• The true face of the unions is not now a man in a hard hat as much as it is a woman in a classroom or in cleaning smocks.
• If we continue the way we are going, market forces will not solve the pay gap until 2050. That means my youngest daughter's youngest daughter can expect equal pay.
• Every individual is capable of extraordinary things, but no one can accomplish anything by themselves. Working women should count, but the only way we'll make that true is if we work together.
• There are questions of real power and then there are questions of phony authority. You have to break through the phony authority to begin to fight the real questions of power.
• It is women who primarily provide health care for their families, women who end up taking their kids to the doctor and caring for the other dependents in the family. I think that it's a day-to-day family management crisis for women in a bigger sense than it might be for men.
• If you can't afford child care, then you work a different schedule than your husband. (on women's solutions to child care challenges)
More Women's Quotes:
Explore Women's Voices and Women's History
- Women's Voices - About Women's Quotes
- Primary Sources
- Today in Women's History
- Women's History Home
About These Quotes
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection © Jone Johnson Lewis 1997-2005. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
Jone Johnson Lewis. "Karen Nussbaum Quotes." About Women's History. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/cs/quotes/karen_nussbaum.htm . Date accessed: (today). (More on how to cite online sources including this page)