Anne, Princess Royal, is the only daughter of Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. She was born August 15, 1950, and at her birth, was third in line for the throne in the British Commonwealth.
Princess Anne married Mark Phillips on November 14, 1973. The ceremony was seen around the world on television, viewed by an estimated 100 million. They had two children, Peter Phillips and Zara Phillips, who bear no royal titles. Princess Anne and Mark Phillips separated in 1989 and divorced in 1992. Anne married Timothy Laurence later in 1992. As of 2012, Princess Anne had two grandchildren, both offspring of her son, Peter Phillips.
- About This Picture
- Gallery: Catherine and William Royal Wedding Picture Gallery
- Gallery: Royal Weddings from Victoria to Elizabeth II
- How is Queen Elizabeth II related to Queen Victoria?
- How are Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip related ?
- Women Rulers of England and Great Britain
- Medieval British Queens
- Anne Neville Queen of England
- Anne Boleyn
- Anne of Cleves
- Around About: Pictures of the Week
Image: Getty Images / Andrew Winning - WPA Pool